Join a growing, collaborative team whose mission is to provide innovative solutions that empower people with disabilities to capture and comprehend information. CareScribe is building assistive technology to help people access the world and level the playing field.
CareScribe builds award winning technology products that help remove barriers. We believe that everyone has the right to live the life they wish and disability should not stand in the way. Our products are used by thousands of people worldwide daily. You can find out more about any of our products by visiting carescribe.io.
We believe that diverse teams create the best outcomes. We therefore encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this role.
Where you come in
We’re looking for an experienced designer to join our team to help us conceptualise, design and deliver amazing products. You’ll need to be passionate about accessibility and making a difference for those with hearing impairment, dyslexia and neurodiversity. If you have a lived experience or personal connection then all the better!
You will work alongside another fabulous Senior Designer, and also very closely with the wider product team, comprising our user researcher, product owner and product manager, reporting into our Product Director.
You will have two key areas of responsibility, firstly to be the product designer for our TalkType product and also supporting our marketing team to help drive forwards the visual identity of CareScribe.
You’ll have the drive to work in a fast paced technology environment and be passionate about building products to make a difference to our users. You will need to be comfortable evangelising across the company about product and website design.
What you’ll be doing
- Create product designs from ideation and prototypes and work closely with engineering teams for delivery
- Create designs and graphics for the CareScribe websites and other marketing collateral
- Manage and deliver designs in line with our product vision and company objectives
- Distil abstract business concepts, problem statements and user needs into elegant creative solutions
- Design, create, implement, update and maintain a well-documented design system for the product
- Work in close collaboration with user research to perform qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights and user needs to ensure user centred design
- Research competitors and other providers to gain insights
- Demonstrate curiosity and appetite for finding new, better ways of doing things
- Keep up-to-date with latest design patterns, technologies and methodologies
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- A deep understanding of accessibility with high user empathy for the people with support
- Extensive experience as a UX/Product Designer, prototyping, building and shipping web and mobile apps/features within a software product business.
- Experience with working with sprint teams and UI/UX in an agile software environment
- Experience of working closely with user research
- Deep understanding of user-centred design principles and how to leverage product design to meet user needs
- Animation experience for marketing assets, and occasional product use
- Able to collaborate across product development disciplines, as well as with other departments (customer success, marketing, sales)
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- A drive to help CareScribe grow, support more people with disabilities, and to develop yourself on the journey
Experience with the following Tools
- Use of Figma or other prototyping tools, including design systems
- Adobe Suite
- An understanding of how UI designs can translate into code (HTML and CSS)
- Understanding of, or experience with using Jira or equivalent
An extra bonus would be:
- Previous experience in branding and/or a marketing environment
- Experience designing for voice user interfaces
What we offer
Bristol based location with flexible working arrangements. We’d like you to be able to come into our office right by Temple Meads station 2 days a week to help facilitate collaboration. Working location and hours outside of this can be flexible.
- Enhanced company pension contributions of 5%
- Choose your working hours between 7.00 a.m. and 8.00 p.m.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- increasing 1 day for each year’s service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Buy up to 5 additional days leave a year
- Work away scheme – enabling you to work in most locations around the world
- 30 days paid compassionate leave
- Enhanced paid parental leave and new parent support (up to 12 weeks full pay and 6 at half pay)
- Paid company sick pay – 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- Individual monthly wellbeing allowance of £30 a month through the Heka platform
- Friends and Family – free use of Caption.Ed and TalkType for up to five of your friends and family
- Cycle to Work Scheme – up to £1000 via salary sacrifice.
- Fresh fruit and free soft drinks in the office
- Dog friendly office – for well behaved canines
- Matched giving for your fundraising events up to £200 a year
- Company social events
- Apply with your CV and cover note/introduction (and portfolio if you have one) to [email protected] or Apply via LinkedIn.
- Initial call with our Senior Designer to find out a bit more about each other and to explore if there is a mutual interest to move things forward.
- Culture and Values interview – A question and answer session exploring if you will add to our team culturally and if we have shared values.
- Competency interview – a call with one of our Leadership team and Senior Designer to talk about the role and what skills and aptitude you have to demonstrate your fit for the role. Also a chance for you to ask any more questions.
CareScribe is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, disability, age, marital status, medical history, parental status or genetic information.
We’re really sorry but CareScribe doesn’t currently offer visa sponsorship.
Recruiters – we are not accepting speculative CV submissions for now, we will be in touch if we require your help. We will not treat any speculative CV submissions as referrals.